AMI was founded by Dr. Maria Montessori herself
- The Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) is the only Montessori teacher training organization to issue a diploma bearing Dr. Montessori’s signature
- Click here to read how AMI teachers help transform children’s lives!
- The AMI diploma is issued to its graduates from the AMI head office in Amsterdam
A Guarantee of Quality
- AMI courses worldwide follow the guidelines set down by Dr. Montessori
- The AMI has a Scientific Pedagogical Committee that gathers information regarding children from all corners of the world
- The AMI courses are examined on an annual basis to ensure that the quality of instruction and the Montessori philosophy are upheld
Value and Opportunity of AMI Diploma
- AMI diploma courses are recognized worldwide for their excellence and authenticity
- There are abundant career prospects for AMI-trained graduates. They are in demand across the world as this credential is sought after by Montessori schools and parents globally
- FME graduates are highly regarded as experts in their field and are sought after by both national and international employers
Authentic and Complete Training
- The AMI Primary course at FME is conducted over a nine month period on a full-time basis ensuring that graduates have all the information necessary to be a successful and empowered Montessori educator
- AMI trainers have extensive teaching experience and academic backgrounds
- The trainers at FME were trained by Renilde Montessori, Dr. Montessori’s granddaughter, giving them a unique, in-depth knowledge and understanding of Montessori principles and practices
In 1929 Dr. Maria Montessori, along with her son Mario M. Montessori, founded the AMI which is entrusted with ensuring that Maria Montessori’s educational guidelines and standards are upheld.
AMI is the pedagogical authority that directs and supervises AMI training centres throughout the world. AMI has over 60 Teacher Training Centres in North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia as well as planned Training Centres in Africa.