PENDING AMI APPROVAL
The AMI 6-12 Orientation Certificate Course is designed to provide participants with a functional understanding of the Montessori philosophy. It is well suited for assistants, administrators, parents, caregivers, and anyone interested in supporting the elementary-aged child. All are welcome!
Course Schedule Anticipated For Summer 2023
FME is excited to host our first 6 – 12 Orientation Course in a blended format
Dates to be determined
- Course details to be revealed upon confirmation of dates
Location and Technical Requirements:
- In-person sessions will be held at the Foundation for Montessori Education, 2100 Bloor Street W, Unit 13, Toronto, Ontario, M6S 1M7
- Asynchronous materials and course work, as well as course communication, will be delivered using Google Classroom
- The course requires access to the internet, a general ability to use computers and a willingness to learn GoogleMeets and Google Classroom platforms
- Students will arrange their own observation experience with approval from the trainer
Course work consists of lectures, discussions, and the submission of 3 reflection papers (500 words), 9 hours of observation, and the submission of synthesized observation reports. An AMI Elementary Orientation Course Certificate will be issued, based on 90% attendance for in-person sessions, and 100% participation in asynchronous activities.
The course fee is $910.00 CAD.
The course will run with a minimum of 15 people. To ensure a place in the course, please submit the registration form and fees as soon as possible.
Course Lecture Topics:
- The Practice Society and Going Out
- The Role of the Guide
- The Prepared Environment: Physical Environment, Social Environment, Psychological Environment
- Freedom and Responsibility
- Preparation of the Adult: Intellectual, Psychological, Emotional, Spiritual
- A Practical Guide to Observation
- Additional Practical Activities: Rhythm, Singing, Tools of Responsibility, Storytelling, Handwork
- The Story of Dr. Montessori
- Montessori’s Theory of Human Development
- The Plan for the Elementary Child (The theory in practice)
- Cosmic Education
- Pedagogical Techniques – Imagination
- Pedagogical Techniques – Storytelling
- Pedagogical Techniques – Key Lessons
To be provided.